What Day Does My Social Security Check Arrive?
When will I get My Social Security Check?
Social Security checks are deposited on the second, third, or fourth Wednesday of each month, depending on your day of birth. The Social Security check schedule works as follows: If you were born on the:
- 1st–10th of the month: Expect your Social Security check to be deposited on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
- 11th–20th of the month: Expect your Social Security check to be deposited on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- 21st–31st of the month: Expect your Social Security check to be deposited on the 4th Wednesday of each month.
Electronic Delivery of Social Security PaymentsAs of March 1, 2013, Social Security stopped mailing paper checks. There are two ways you can receive your benefits:
- Direct deposit of your Social Security checks: This option deposits checks into your bank account on the day you are paid. You don’t have to worry about your check being lost or worry that funds will not get to the bank in time if you are out of town.
- Direct Express® Debit Card: If you do not sign up for direct deposit, your benefits will be paid to you via Direct Express® debit card option. This card works anywhere that takes Debit Mastercard®. You can also use your Direct Express® debit card to get cash back at the grocery store or to purchase money orders at the post office. The Direct Express® Debit Card is a good option for people who want to marry their checks with their ability to make purchases.